Monday, October 12, 2015

Basic Vinaigrette

Hi All,

I know it's been way too long. I have been trying lots of new recipes! I promise I will post some of them soon.

This is for J. Simple basic vinaigrette. We had a Chinese friend who was always interested to know what went into my "sauce." Well here's the recipe.

In a two cup measuring cup measure:

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1-2 cloves fresh garlic
1 teaspoon salt
lots of freshly ground black pepper
generous squeeze of honey

I usually just give this a whirl with my immersion blender. If you don't have an immersion blender or a regular blender or food processor, chop the garlic fine and put the ingredients into a jar or bottle that you can give a healthy shake.

Hope this dresses your salads well.

Hugs,
Mameekosan!


No comments:

Post a Comment